Excerpt for Abused Part 2 The Addiction Years by , available in its entirety at Smashwords

This page may contain adult content. If you are under age 18, or you arrived by accident, please do not read further.

Abused Part 2

The Addiction Years

Published by Steven Brain

Copyright 2017 Steven Brain

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to your favourite retailer and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.


Well here I am back again with the second and final part of my story from 16-44 years old and this part is very intense and at times very upsetting for both me and for the reader but it is essential for me to know that you know that you are not alone, you don’t have to hide and the only ones who should hide are those who have caused all of our problems. This is about them taking responsibility for their actions and that they should pay for their crimes so that we know non of this is our fault.

Part 2

I left the last part as I was boarding the train to start Army basic training and I was so excited. As expected not one of my parents bothered to come and see me leave but I assure you I had my fathers words ringing in my ears “you will not make it in the Army” and is indicative of my life to come that I am always trying to prove someone wrong but it is what it is.

It was only a forty minute journey to Nuneaton located not that far from Birmingham, England and it is a journey I will never forget. We had to dress smart so before I left I had my hair cut so I was almost bald and this was to get me my first bollocking. I was wearing trousers, shirt and tie as instructed in our pre-joining letters and felt good and their were others on the train that were clearly going to the same place all looking nervous and I wondered how many have had the shitty life I had so far and how many had joined to escape.

Anyway once we had arrived there were people waiting for us meaning soldiers and there was a coach and a four ton Bedford lorry which our suitcases were just tossed in the back of and that pissed me off right away but was I going to say anything “not a chance”. We boarded the coach and their was pretty much silence throughout the journey to the barracks. I had decided to join junior leaders a branch of the army that takes boys from 16 years old and moulds them in to leaders of the future or so we were told in the glossy brochure. The training was to last a whole year which at 16 years old was an eternity but that is what I had joined up for and it was not the boy scouts. All heads turned to look out the windows of the coach as we slowed down to go through the barrier at the barracks and all faces had the look of “what the hell have I done” etched painfully on their faces. We pulled up outside what was to be the centre of most of the pain we were to suffer in which was the gym and we all filed in and we were directed towards desks where someone was waiting to sign us in. I was asked my name and asked to show documents as in birth certificate and so on and I was told “once you sign this piece of paper that is it” and I quickly signed it.

I was told what troop I was going to and off we went and it was the first conversation I was to have with anyone who’s name was Pete and he was to go on to be my best man at my wedding. He was a big lad tall and looked overweight but that was the first mistake I made as he was as fit as fuck and the strongest in our troop by far. We stopped outside a building built in the shape of the letter H and was on two levels and yes we were on the second floor which at the time didn’t seem much to worry about but once the storey goes on you will see the disadvantage to those on the ground floor. We were shown in to our rooms well I say rooms it was a dormitory for 17 people and I was assigned the corner bunk bed at the far end of the room and I was on the bottom bunk and a lad from Manchester Paul had the top bunk. We were then instructed to undress and get into these green long john’s and green long sleeved shirt and coveralls which are like mechanics overalls.

Everything was to be green from now on of course well except for the walls which were a light blue which is supposed to be relaxing “yeah right”. We were introduced to two young lads who were to be our torturers but in a positive way. These lads had just finished their 1 year and had stayed on to help the sergeants with the next intake and every time these lads walked in we had to stand up to attention and were referred to as “staff” so “yes staff, no staff”. We were then ordered outside and formed our first troop to go to have a meal it was around 5pm and I for one was starving as I had nothing that day because I was too busy shitting myself. We marched well kind of marched down to the mess hall for food all totally out of step but that would soon be corrected. I cannot remember what I eat to be honest but there was plenty of food to go around and it didn’t seem too limited as to how much we had which was great as I soon learnt missing a meal can be costly and there is a reason we needed the calorie intake we were given.

After food we were marched back to our rooms and then we kind of just hung around for an hour then we were ordered to go to the TV room which we never got to watch any TV in. This is where we were to meet our training sergeants and our troop commander and as they came in we were ordered to sit to attention. They introduced themselves and one was from a commando regiment and the other from a field regiment and our troop commander was a sergeant major. I am not going to give names because if my book sells well I don’t want to share it but that is a long time away and maybe their dead anyway. They told us their backgrounds and told us the next 6 weeks were going to be hard and that the piece of paper we had signed meant we can not either leave within the first 28 days and could not communicate with our families in that time which I didn’t care about that in the slightest. That is all I can remember of that meeting I am afraid and we were bought to attention and they left and then we were given a demonstration on how to iron our clothes and where things were to be hung and we had to all dump our civilian suitcases in a room not to be seen for 6 weeks.

Our two troop leaders then proceeded to show us how to shower and that was embarrassing as they showed us we had to get wet first then use soap then proceeded to show us how to wash our dicks, balls and arses and I was hoping I was not going to the soap he had just had up his bum hole. It was getting late now and we were ordered to bed in military fashion our troop leaders said “goodnight” and turned all the lights off and I thought “how civil of them” this was the last time I would have this thought. It must have been 11.30pm when they left and as soon as they had left that is when everyone in our room introduced themselves and we all had a brief chat as to where we all come from and we all came from different areas of the UK. I fell asleep quickly and remember at around 5.55am waking up and remember being tired then it all kicked off.

I saw the lights come on and the shouting started “get out your fucking beds and stand by your beds” so as I was already awake I was out like a shot stood by my bed. They burst in throwing the contents of the bin all over the room and banging the bin lids screaming and shouting. Those not fast enough to get out of bed were tipped out of bed and that was hilarious to watch on fond reflection but no fun when you land flat on your face half asleep. Then a memory I will never forget the sound of Status Quo’s “in the army now” blasting out from a record player and the stark realisation that I was “in the army now”. We were ordered into the showers and it was bloody freezing as someone has clearly forgot to turn the boiler on accidental on purpose like. The shower block was for 10 people at a time and not 17 like we had in our room so there was lots of pushing and shoving and feeling things you did not want to feel rubbing against me. We were then hurried to get dressed in our green coveralls again and told to get outside and I was wondering where those nice people had gone from last night but everything had a purpose. The whole troop then came together outside as we were spread across 3 rooms and we were 48 to start with I think or roughly around that number.

So off to breakfast we went but it wasn’t civilised like the day before this was properly ordered as was army life. We had 15 minutes to eat from the front of the queue to the back so to say it was rushed is an understatement as bang on 15 minutes we were ordered out whilst still chewing. The food was amazing full English every day and I loved it I had never eat like it but every mouthful was needed for the days events. In fact every meal was amazing and I take my hat off to the Army Catering Corp at the time who never let us down and the standards were very high.

The first day was to be the most hectic yet it was orchestrated and orderly but to us it was chaos being rushed here and their not knowing our arse from our elbows. We had to go get our haircut which I clearly did not need so I got a bollocking for having my hair cut too short before arriving and a lot of press ups later I got the message. We were taken to get all our kit and this was exciting but it was short lived as we were not allowed to wear the new stuff for the first two weeks so we had to walk or march everywhere with coveralls and a beret with no badge so we all looked like Frank Spencer. We spent much of the first day going from one place to another and then getting back and being shown where everything should go in our lockers that didn’t seem big enough for all the stuff we had but once ordered it fit just fine. We were exposed to our first inspection of our kit after our first full day yet most of our gear was thrown on the floor for childish errors like not writing your name into your kit so there were clothes flying everywhere. Also when our Sarg was in front of us we had to hold our freshly showered hands out and say our name, rank and number and not one person got it right so lots of press ups. There were also random questions like who is our commanding officer and not one of us got it right so off we went again. This was the life I was to become accustomed to albeit as you go along you do stop making silly mistakes as it starts to get painful after a few hundred press ups.

Purchase this book or download sample versions for your ebook reader.
(Pages 1-5 show above.)